Social Security Income Planning – What You Need to Know as an Advisor
Financial advisors who have the Social Security expertise needed to help clients choose their most optimal claiming strategy are in high demand. Join us for this presentation covering some of the least understood Social Security claiming considerations.
After a brief overview of the basics, we will cover rules related to:
- How non-covered pensions affect Social Security benefits
- Dependent benefits for minor and adult disabled children
- The unique claiming strategies available for Survivor benefits
- Pitfalls of the earnings test, and
- How Social Security disability benefits transition into retirement benefits
Analyses of real client case studies will be shown to provide insight into the claiming complexities and amount of money involved with these examples. Add value and attract new clients with Social Security income planning expertise!
National Association of Registered Social Security Analysts (NARSSA)