About Our Team
Working at FSI means partnering with an organization that is passionate about making a difference in the financial services industry. Our team specializes in a variety of areas from financial regulation and advocacy, to accounting and marketing. We strive every day to provide exceptional service to our members, so that they can provide exceptional service to their clients.
Our Core Values
FSI’s Team is made up of an exceptional group of subject matter experts whose work, daily conduct and attitudes exemplify FSI’s Core Values.
We strive for excellence in everything we do, from impactful advocacy to superior services for all our stakeholders.
We benefit from the collective genius of our team by engaging in collaborative decision making based on trust in each other’s motives and respect for each other’s views.
We promote the wellbeing of our employees by creating an environment in which we can achieve a healthy balance between FSI and our priorities outside of work.
We are accountable for our words and actions and demonstrate integrity and transparency in our work. We show kindness and consideration to one another at all times.
We demonstrate our commitment to
continuous improvement by partnering with each of our employees to champion their professional development while leveraging their growing expertise to advance FSI’s strategic objectives. These partnerships foster mutual support throughout an employee’s time at FSI
Openings at FSI
We are always looking for great people to join our team. If you are passionate about working hard and being innovative in an environment filled with fun, like-minded people, apply to one of our open positions!
Communications & Member Engagement Coordinator
The Financial Services Institute (FSI), the leading trade organization for independent financial services firms and independent financial advisors, is hiring a Communications & Member Engagement Coordinator in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. This is a fully remote, entry-level position, with a potential for in-person staff events in Washington, D.C. in the future, as well as occasional travel to conferences.
FSI is searching for individuals with proven and effective organizational and time management skills; solid verbal and written communication skills; and the ability to take initiative. Candidates must be able to work independently and within a team. Proofreading and copy editing skills are a must. Prior experience with graphic design is preferred.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the position:
- Create and distribute email marketing campaigns and other digital communications.
- Assists with drafting and distribution of press releases.
- Monitor media coverage and prepare coverage reports.
- Develop, update and manage website content for FSI’s website and related conference websites.
- Manage creation of marketing collateral, including handouts, brochures, ads, event signage, etc., ensuring consistency with FSI’s brand standards.
- Monitor FSI social media accounts.
- Manage and prepare conference shipment, exhibit booth materials and logistics.
- Assist with scheduling calls for team (press, speakers, sponsors, etc.)
- Assist with pre-event planning and preparation (ex. promotion and execution of webinars, managing housing lists, etc.)
- Monitors FSI Press/Media and Events email inboxes.
- Provides onsite support for large-scale events such as OneVoice, FSI Forum & Capitol Hill Day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Up to 10% travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience in a communications or marketing position
- Strong written and verbal communication, including proofreading and copyediting skills
- Project management and prioritization skills
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office programs
- Prior experience working with a CRM system and/or email marketing solution, preferred
- Basic graphic design experience, with Photoshop and/or Canva, helpful but not required
- A self-starter who works both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Resourceful problem solver with a positive and flexible attitude
- A commitment to outstanding internal and external customer service
- Interest in the financial services industry a plus
For other general inquiries, email us at email@example.com.