FSI Events Code of Conduct
FSI strives to offer a positive and safe environment for all event attendees. FSI’s Code of Conduct outlines our requirements and expectations to ensure a positive experience. By registering for/attending an FSI event, you agree to follow the Code of Conduct.
Code of Conduct
All attendees, speakers, sponsors, vendors, partners and volunteers at our conferences/events are required to adhere to the following Code of Conduct. FSI will enforce this Code throughout the event.
Our aim in hosting events is to build collaboration and community. To that end, our goal is to create an environment where everyone feels welcome to participate, speak up, ask questions, and engage in conversation. We invite all those who participate in this event to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
Every FSI event/conference is dedicated to providing a harassment-free environment for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, or religion (or lack thereof). We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate during any aspect of the event/conference, including educational sessions, workshops, planning meetings, cocktail events or dinners, social media such as Twitter, or other online media.
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of our organization and its members.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and/or speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow attendees. Conference participants violating these rules may be asked to leave the event/conference without a refund at the discretion of FSI. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Please alert FSI staff if you notice or experience suspected violations of this Code of Conduct, even if it may seem inconsequential.
Reporting an Incident
If you see, overhear, or experience a violation of the Code of Conduct during an event, please seek out the nearest FSI team member to handle the issue. If you cannot find a team member, or would like to report a violation after an event, you may email a member of FSI’s legal team at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.