FSI’s Second Annual Awards Program Recognizes Members for Outstanding Contributions to Advocacy on Behalf of Independent Advisors and Their Clients
The Financial Services Institute (FSI), the leading advocacy organization for the independent financial services industry, today announced the honorees of its second annual advocacy awards program, including the members of its 2021 FSI Advocacy Circle of Excellence and the winners of the Stephen R. Kareta Excellence in Advocacy Award. FSI’s advocacy awards program celebrates the accomplishments of its members in advancing the interests of Main Street American investors and the independent financial services industry through consistent and high-impact engagement in its advocacy mission.
FSI President & CEO Dale Brown said, “FSI members form the backbone of our efforts to ensure that Main Street Americans have access to the affordable, high-quality professional financial advice that is crucial to attaining their financial and life goals. These members have stepped up to actively and enthusiastically engage in the advocacy process by meeting with regulators and elected officials; participating in our Calls to Action; organizing efforts to get the word out on key issues of relevance to our membership; and much more. We greatly appreciate their commitment and their powerful example.”
Members named to the FSI Advocacy Circle of Excellence are determined according to a process that examines their engagement and contributions to FSI’s advocacy mission and their overall commitment to the industry. While the COVID-19 pandemic presented some unique challenges this past year, FSI members continued to engage with lawmakers and regulators through virtual meetings and digital advocacy efforts.
Three members recognized as part of the Circle of Excellence were additionally named recipients of the Stephen R. Kareta Excellence in Advocacy Award for going above and beyond in their efforts to protect and advance the interests of their clients and colleagues:
- Brad Greenbaum, Vice President, Altigro Pension Services, Inc.
- Elizabeth Kietzman, Financial Advisor, Artisan Financial Group
- Mark Quinn, Director, Regulatory Affairs, Cetera Financial Group
Recipients of this award set the bar for achievement in advocacy by building constructive relationships with their state and local officials, members of Congress and regulators; engaging other members on key issues of importance to FSI and the industry; and establishing a visible and positive presence in their communities, among other efforts.
In addition to Greenbaum, Kietzman and Quinn, the honorees in the 2021 FSI Advocacy Circle of Excellence are:
- Jennifer Brittingham, Senior Vice President, Retail Services, PlanMember Financial Corp.
- Jody Detillier, CEO and Financial Advisor, Detillier Financial Advisors LLC
- Kevin Dick, President and Wealth Advisor, KDI Wealth Management
- Rhonda Heineman, Financial Advisor, Heineman Financial Strategies
- Cynthia Jeffries, Vice President of Compliance, Commonwealth Financial Network
- Christina Kramer, Senior Vice President, Compliance Officer, PFS Investments Inc.
- Russell Kyncl, Owner and Registered Representative, Strategic Exit LLC
- Ruth Matt, Founder and CEO, Fore River Financial
- Peter Mendall, Certified Financial Planner™, Mendall Financial Group LLC
- Jason Mullaly, Head of Regulatory Compliance, MML Investor Services
- John Natale, Financial Advisor, Lincoln Investment
- Tony Nerantzis, Financial Advisor and Branch Manager, Tony Nerantzis & Associates
- Brendan Speers, Director of Retirement Plan Services, Legacy Planning Partners
- Jeffrey Speicher, Managing Director and Financial Advisor, Speicher Financial Group
- Gwen Weithaus, Vice President, Investment Products Services Risk & Controls, Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company
- Dr. Martha Wilcoxson, Founder and Financial Advisor, Wilcoxson Wealth Management
Mr. Brown concluded, “With their tireless efforts, these honorees are making a difference every day in the lives of FSI members and the millions of Main Street American investors they serve. We offer our sincerest thanks to them, as well as our congratulations.”
FSI and Broadridge Launch New Video Guide to Help Advisors Better Explain Form CRS to Investors
The Guide can also help facilitate more in-depth and meaningful discussions between advisors and clients Today, the Financial Services Institute […]Read More
FSI Announces 2023 Board of Directors & Executive Committee Members
The Financial Services Institute (FSI) today announced today that it has added five Directors to its Board. The new members […]Read More
FSI Announces Findings of Study Examining Impact of the Department of Labor’s Independent Contractor Rule Proposal
Oxford Economics finds Main Street investors could lose access to financial advice and services due to advisor retirements and inflated […]Read More