FSI’s Annual Awards Program Recognizes Members for Outstanding Advocacy Engagement on Behalf of Independent Financial Services Industry and Main Street Investors
The Financial Services Institute (FSI), the leading advocacy organization for the independent financial services industry, today announced the 15 honorees of its third annual advocacy awards program, including the members of its 2022 FSI Advocacy Circle of Excellence and the recipients of the Stephen R. Kareta Excellence in Advocacy Award. FSI’s advocacy awards recognizes the commitment and accomplishments of its members in advancing the interests of Main Street American investors and the independent financial services industry through consistent and high-impact engagement in the organization’s advocacy mission.
FSI President & CEO Dale Brown said, “Our members’ dedication is vital to the success of our mission to ensure Main Street Americans have continued access to the affordable, professional financial advice, products and services necessary to help them achieve their financial goals. We’re proud to recognize these 15 professionals who have actively participated in the advocacy process by meeting with regulators and elected officials, responding to our calls to action, organizing efforts to get the word out on critical issues and much more. We greatly appreciate their powerful example and the commitment of all our members.”
Members named to the FSI Advocacy Circle of Excellence are determined according to a process that examines their engagement and contributions to FSI’s advocacy mission as well as their overall commitment to the industry.
Three members recognized as part of the Circle of Excellence were additionally named recipients of the Stephen R. Kareta Excellence in Advocacy Award for going above and beyond in their efforts to protect and advance the interests of their clients and colleagues:
- David Burg, CRPC®, AIF®, Investment Management Consultant, First Harbor Financial Services
- Gwen Garrison, President & Financial Advisor, LifePlan Financial Advisors, Inc.
- Hugh Simpson, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, First Command Financial Services, Inc.
Recipients of this award set the bar for achievement in advocacy by building constructive relationships with their state and local officials, members of Congress and regulators; engaging other members on key issues of importance to FSI and the industry; and establishing a visible and positive presence in their communities, among other efforts.
In addition to Burg, Garrison and Simpson, the honorees named to the 2022 FSI Advocacy Circle of Excellence are:
- Danielle Cooley, CFP®, CRPS®, Financial Planner, Lily Wealth Partners
- Thomas Delaney, Sr. Vice President, Regulatory & Risk Controls, First Command Financial Services, Inc.
- Beth Donner, President, Diversified Planning, Ltd.
- Allen Eickelberg, Vice President, Director of Operations & Technology, Spire Investment Partners, LLC
- R. Sherwood Greer, CFP®, RICP®, Managing Partner, Gate City Advisors, LLC
- Darin Hammerschmidt, CFP®, Financial Advisor, LPL Financial/Denver West Group
- Dan Karlsberg, Financial Advisor, Freedom Trail Wealth
- Stephen Langlois, President, Kestra Financial
- Lynn Laughter, CFP®, Owner, Laughter & Jones Financial Management
- Dan Murphy, AIF®, Owner/Financial Advisor, Murphy Matza Wealth Management
- Bruce Robson, CFP®, AIF®, Partner, Comprehensive Financial Solutions, Inc.
- Barry Tate, AAMS®, MBA, Founder & CEO, Viaggio Wealth Partners
Brown concluded, “We thank these exceptional members for their hard work. Their tireless efforts make a difference every day in the lives of FSI members and the millions of Main Street Americans they serve.”
Statement on DOL’s Appeal of District Court Ruling on Independent Contractor Rule
Today, the Financial Services Institute (FSI) released the following statement in response to the U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL) announcement […]Read More
FSI Applauds Court Overturning Withdrawal of DOL Independent Contractor Rule
Today, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas ruled that the Department of Labor’s (DOL) delay and […]Read More
FSI Statement on the State of the Union Address
The Financial Services Institute’s (FSI) President & CEO, Dale Brown, today released the following statement regarding President Biden’s State of […]Read More